Author Topic: The Random Wishmaster's Quartet  (Read 47665 times)

bshag

Re: The Random Wishmaster's Quartet
« Reply #250 on: July 07, 2010, 08:52:25 PM »
Okay Metro...count me in on this one.  Salty is making me crazy so I guess I'll try this one. :D

Shihuacao

« Reply #251 on: July 07, 2010, 09:24:52 PM »
I will give it a try, can you please add me to score board? Thank you.

Members with at least 25 posts do not see ads within a topic.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #252 on: July 07, 2010, 09:37:28 PM »
bshag, you're in. Shihuacao, you're in as well — and welcome to the forums.

MSUCalli

« Reply #253 on: July 09, 2010, 12:45:44 PM »
This sounds like fun!  I've been so excited to dive into the Sims since I got my computer fixed, and this will be an awesome break from my legacy.  Count me in!

Mutt

« Reply #254 on: July 09, 2010, 01:26:40 PM »
I want to try this one too. It sounds like fun (of course I'm saying that before seeing what the little dice that create random sims have in store for me :))

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #255 on: July 09, 2010, 09:06:36 PM »
So how close is anyone to finishing?  I'm on week nine with 30 days traveling done.

:)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #256 on: July 09, 2010, 09:10:32 PM »
So how close is anyone to finishing?  I'm on week nine with 30 days traveling done.

:)

You're farther than I am. I was telling Pam last night that a Diablo tournament that I'm also hosting is sidetracking me at the moment.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #257 on: July 09, 2010, 10:44:05 PM »
Seems like I have been on week 4 forever, lol.  I am back to work now, plus trying to finish up crazy eights.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #258 on: July 09, 2010, 11:00:57 PM »
Week 11, day 7 + 22 days vacation time.  Slogging along!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline AriaGirl77

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #259 on: July 10, 2010, 12:21:15 AM »
Ok Metro, you ready for my next buggy moment? lol  I took my adventuring sim to Egypt, when I got back my invisible sim was gone.  As in, no little box that I could click on and ask him to do stuff, as if he's no longer a part of the household.  But he still shows up as invisible when I click on the relationships tab, and in fact it still says he's a household member.  I thought I'd try to get his wife to invite him over, maybe try to invite him back into the house, but when I click on his lack of face no options come up.  It's as if he's totally disappeared now.

Thankfully he had already completed his lifetime wish, and although I don't remember exactly how many LTHP's he had I'm sure it was over 100,000, but just barely.

So what do you suggest at this point?  I'd be totally happy with completing the challenge with 3 sims.  I really don't want to start over.  I'm on Week 4 Day 5, but I've done 72 days of traveling.

Offline LenaLJ

• Occult
« Reply #260 on: July 10, 2010, 02:49:02 AM »
Ok Metro, you ready for my next buggy moment? lol  I took my adventuring sim to Egypt, when I got back my invisible sim was gone.  As in, no little box that I could click on and ask him to do stuff, as if he's no longer a part of the household.  But he still shows up as invisible when I click on the relationships tab, and in fact it still says he's a household member.  I thought I'd try to get his wife to invite him over, maybe try to invite him back into the house, but when I click on his lack of face no options come up.  It's as if he's totally disappeared now.

Aria, I had it in my legacy one time before. The way I solved it was going to the edit town screen and split up the family. Then even if her picture didn't show on the side when I was playing, she showed up when I tried to split the household. So I took the bugged person out that way and added her to the household right after. After that I could play normally again and she didn't lose anything besides the wishes I had logged. All her LTHP and so on was still there.

I dont know if Metro means this is allowed, but I mean it's only for solving the bug, so I would try it if it was me. Hope I can help.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #261 on: July 10, 2010, 06:12:33 AM »
That's a good suggestion, Lena. Aria, if going into the Edit Town screen will fix the problem by attempting to split up the family, by all means, do it. Otherwise, you're faced with 1) completely starting over, or 2) continuing with your 3 Sims. So, it's your choice.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #262 on: July 10, 2010, 01:01:48 PM »
Ok, I'm gonna try the fix that Lena suggested, let's hope it works!  If not, I'll probably just continue with 3 sims.  If I went with that option would I be able to count the bugged guy's LTHP's before he left the house?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #263 on: July 10, 2010, 01:52:38 PM »
Ok, I'm gonna try the fix that Lena suggested, let's hope it works!  If not, I'll probably just continue with 3 sims.  If I went with that option would I be able to count the bugged guy's LTHP's before he left the house?

Absolutely.

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #264 on: July 10, 2010, 01:53:27 PM »
Wow to all those who are so much further along. Congrats! I'm just about to start Week two.

I still have the question of counting vacation days. I know you count them per Sim, but am I just supposed to write them on a piece of paper each time someone (or more than one) goes? I'm sorry if this has been answered and I missed it, but I read this topic all the way through twice before I started, and saw the question raised, but not answered.

I'm not feeling well, so I'm not going to try to catch up on the other topics, though of course I answered the speed poll. Gotta get me to an ENT or at least a phys. asst. to treat this sinus problem. Bleah. Sorry, to run on off-topic, but if I relent and post something else and it's gibberish, I thought you might want to know why. I'm going to keep trying to play until I have to go rest some more, though.

Will check back later.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #265 on: July 10, 2010, 01:58:41 PM »
NeoFelis, I hope you're feeling better soon. I remember one of my girls got a sinus thing one time that took a turn for the worse and we eventually needed to get some antibiotics in her. Anyway, to answer your question, yeah, just jot down the number of vacations days taken on a sheet of paper every time your Sim(s) go somewhere.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #266 on: July 10, 2010, 02:54:33 PM »
I still have the question of counting vacation days. I know you count them per Sim, but am I just supposed to write them on a piece of paper each time someone (or more than one) goes?

I've been keeping track on a chart, but you know you can check the number of days a Sim has spent in any vacation destination by looking in their Adventure Journal.  Each destination shows the number of days a Sim has spent there.  I use this as well, to make sure I haven't forgotten to enter days in my chart.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #267 on: July 10, 2010, 03:12:30 PM »
Good tip on the Adventure Journal, Schipperke. Thanks.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #268 on: July 10, 2010, 03:19:26 PM »
Ok, here's where it stands.  I used the method Lena suggested, split household via edit town and moved invisible guy into another house.  The next day I invited him over and sent the wife out to talk to him.  She can only have autonomous interactions with him because I can't seem to click on him due to his invisibility.  When I am able to get the cursor over him it shows the "no interactions available" message.  So there is no way that I can invite him to move back in with her.  *sigh*

So I'm going to proceed with just 3 sims.  At least I was able to get his LTW fulfilled before he got all glitchy!  VERY glad this didn't happen with my other guy who has done 100% of the traveling!!! 

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #269 on: July 10, 2010, 03:38:24 PM »
I'll be totally honest here, guys — if I had the multitudes of problems that others have experienced, I would have left for a different game long ago. I simply don't have the patience. Maybe the game isn't quite as glitchy on Macs. I don't know. I hope it never comes to that. Anyway, I feel terrible for you, Aria. It's just not fair.

Offline LenaLJ

• Occult
« Reply #270 on: July 10, 2010, 03:51:32 PM »
Aria, you should have added him with via the edit town again, just out of the household and back again. If I didn't formulate it right the first time, then it's my bad. Sorry. But that was what I did.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #271 on: July 10, 2010, 04:11:48 PM »
Aria, what traits does the glitchy sim have?  I have no idea if this is relevant or not, just trying to figure out why your sim and a certain one of mine have these travel problems.  I have a theory that it's related to Ambitions traits and would like to confirm or dis-confirm (?) that theory.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #272 on: July 10, 2010, 08:08:47 PM »
I think what Lena's trying to say is that you split the glitchy Sim from your household in Edit Town, then merge him right back again while still in Edit Town.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

My Blog
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver Townie DecaDynasty

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #273 on: July 10, 2010, 08:43:52 PM »
Oh, joy - the travel bug has struck my game again.   This time a different sim, Harold, has returned from a trip cloned.  It appears to be the same as last time - one of him didn't go at all, judging from his skills & wishes which are the same as before the trip.  The second one is just coming to the house.  Can I delete the extra Harold like I did the last time this happened?  And if so, can you remind me how to do it?  I was looking through this thread for the specifics but couldn't seem to find them.  I want to be sure I delete the right Harold.  Honestly, I could repopulate Sunset Valley if I kept all these stupid clones!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #274 on: July 10, 2010, 09:03:16 PM »
Can everyone hear me screaming right now?  ::) Sheesh. Yeah, Schipperke, whatever it takes — delete that clone. I believe all you do is open the cheats panel and type testingcheatsenabled true and then shift clicking the active Sim should give you the option to delete the object. Someone obviously correct me if I'm wrong. Have not needed to do that in a while.

Calgon take me away from these bugs!