Author Topic: The Random Wishmaster's Quartet  (Read 50032 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Random Wishmaster's Quartet
« Reply #500 on: July 30, 2010, 06:38:13 PM »
I know most are finishing now - but can I still sign up?

Definitely. Very few players have posted scores, so you're fine.

Also, with the patched up to date rule, my World Adventures isn't up to date according to the version number, but according to the launcher it is, as it's not asking me to update.  Am I still alright to do the challenge as everything else is up to date?  ???

If the launcher is detecting your game as current, I'd say you're fine. Good luck in the event.

Members with at least 25 posts do not see ads within a topic.

abbeyb17

« Reply #501 on: July 30, 2010, 06:46:21 PM »
Thank you!  I'll get going in the morning before my parents kill me for being up late! ;)

Archer0

« Reply #502 on: July 30, 2010, 06:46:58 PM »
You should always check the skuversion.txt files in your Sims 3 folders for the base game, expansions, and stuff packs to ensure you're patched up properly.  Specifically with the latest patch, there have been major problems with the updates only patching some parts of the game.  The launcher is not a true indicator of patch completion.  I myself fell victim to this and had to download the manual patch for Ambitions.   The rest of my game had updated fine.  Partial patches can cause major problems in gameplay.  I outlined the manual update process in this post.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #503 on: July 30, 2010, 07:02:28 PM »
Archer0, thank you for that post. I was not aware that the launcher did not give an accurate reflection of how current one's game is.

@abbeyb17, please follow those instructions in the link before beginning. Thanks.

Alsier

« Reply #504 on: July 31, 2010, 12:04:14 AM »
Well, after a long Sims 3 marathon today, I've completed the challenge.
Here are my scores:

Alfred:499,013
Barbara:488,818
Charles:551,483
Debra:660,070
Total:2,199,384

BlueJay91

« Reply #505 on: July 31, 2010, 03:00:20 AM »
Meh. I'm sorry; I should have probably posted my Sim's traits and whatnot in here earlier. It's about Week 5 now with only 6 days of vacation used - o boy - but I really love this family. =D

They are all brothers, although their skins are different. That's what I'd call random.  :P

Chad Greene - Schmoozer, Excitable, Friendly, Genius, Dislikes Children - LTW is World Renowned Surgeon
Wallace Greene - Snob, Bookworm, Green Thumb, Loser, Can't Stand Art - LTW is Professional Author
Patrick Greene - Evil, Unlucky, Childish, Over-emotional, Heavy Sleeper - LTW is Jack of All Trades
Samuel Greene - Good, Vegetarian, Loser (See, they ARE brothers!), Loner, Ambitious - LTW is DNA Analyst (Probably not the right name; just finished it and it's gone bye-bye from the area for a little while)

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #506 on: July 31, 2010, 01:06:16 PM »
Done!  200 days is a long time  :o

Uma Uno - 471,448
Dolores Dos 540,763
Teddy Tres - 499,590
Quincy Quatro - 497,162

Total - 2,008,963 just barely breakin the 2mil mark haha.  Well time to start DaVinci's  :D

Offline ik

• Townie
« Reply #507 on: July 31, 2010, 01:10:45 PM »
I am back from the shore and ready to continue this challenge as soon as I get my game patched up properly. Unfortunately the launcher only patched the base game and ambitions, so any info on patching the rest manually is appreciated. I tried to follow the links archer0 posted to find the patches for manual download but am not getting anywhere right now (my game currently runs wa on version 2.3 and hel on version 3.3).

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #508 on: July 31, 2010, 09:55:52 PM »
Are we able to add a outfit or whatever it is called? It is one of the wishes for one of my Sims and before I do it I want to make sure it wouldn't be a violation of the rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #509 on: July 31, 2010, 10:21:48 PM »
Are we able to add a outfit or whatever it is called? It is one of the wishes for one of my Sims and before I do it I want to make sure it wouldn't be a violation of the rules.

No, you can't change appearance at all.

@ik, I'm not much of a techie, so you might have better success directing your question in the Tech section.

----------

EDIT:

yes she was part of the real deal family. im so embarassed i havent accidently killed a sim since sims2.

@GrowerGirl, you accidentally posted the above in the da Vinci thread, so I deleted that and copied it here because it deals with your Wishmaster Sim. What you need to do is continue on with your 3 surviving Sims. Sorry about the misfortune. :(

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #510 on: July 31, 2010, 10:38:17 PM »
Glad I didn't do that wish yet. Without even relieving that it might be against the rules I let one of the girls get a tatoo does that disqualify me? Or what can I do? I didn't know that we couldn't get them more clothes or add to them I thought we just couldn't change them as in makeover?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #511 on: July 31, 2010, 11:35:31 PM »
Glad I didn't do that wish yet. Without even relieving that it might be against the rules I let one of the girls get a tatoo does that disqualify me? Or what can I do? I didn't know that we couldn't get them more clothes or add to them I thought we just couldn't change them as in makeover?

I don't have a problem with tattoos. In fact, I'm changing my opinion of changing their outfits as long as it's a wish. Wishes like get a tattoo and change outfit are all part of the randomness of this event and makes sense. It's just a player voluntarily changing a Sim's appearance that I'm frowning on (i.e. not wish related). So, as long as an appearance thing is a wish — that's fine.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #512 on: August 01, 2010, 02:10:24 PM »
Ok thanks Metro. Just wanted to make sure I didn't do anything wrong this time.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #513 on: August 01, 2010, 04:43:36 PM »
I'm finally done this challenge! 100 days, 55 travel days (I forgot about these half way through the challenge and ran out of time to use them all... oops!!)

August Yearly - Photographic Eye, Unlucky, Flirty, Inappropriate, Artistic. LTW Heartbreaker - 284,454 points
September Yearly - Neurotic, Savvy Sculptor, Unflirty, Evil, Dramatic. LTW Emperor of Evil - 385,314 points
October Yearly - Workaholic, Computer Whiz, Good, Hates the Outdoors, Savvy Sculptor. LTW International Super Spy - 364,957 points
November Yearly - Daredevil, Commitment Issues, Hates the outdoors, Clumsy, Mooch. LTW - Jack of all Trades - 391,602 points

total points - 1,426,327

Thanks for the challenge!!

;D

Offline ik

• Townie
« Reply #514 on: August 01, 2010, 05:42:09 PM »
@ik, I'm not much of a techie, so you might have better success directing your question in the Tech section.
I posted both here and in the thread linked to and have been able to patch my game now thanks to the replies in the other thread, so I am ready to continue this challenge now ;D . I am only in week four though, so it will take much more time before I come close to finishing (if I ever will, I start working again tomorrow :( ).

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #515 on: August 01, 2010, 06:21:24 PM »
Small JunkYard in Riverview as well and tables that block your path including end tables that are standing on all four legs so nothing is poking out.  You just can't go around it, (except for the long way) and you can't salvage it.  I blew the sucker up and got rid of it and got scrap I needed as well.  (Cackling gleefully)  Some items seem to get stuck in your inventory as well, like the globe if you try to salvage it.

Yikes, it sounds worse in Riverview. I've only had the rectangular tables do that to me. I did salvage a statue that looks like the Venus de Milo (can't think of the Sim name for it) and it's stuck in one of my Sim's inventory. I think I salvaged the globe last time I played, but I haven't had my 'yard sale'  :D yet, so I don't know if it's stuck.  There's probably variation depending on your (of the general you) set-up, but I won't be using this junkyard unless mandated to by a challenge until they fix it. Glad you have the option of blowing it up, at least.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #516 on: August 01, 2010, 06:31:53 PM »
Maybe Tamika was from another relationship one of the parents had. These days, there are so many different reasons why she could be different. :shrug: My brother had white-blonde hair for the first years of his life; coming from a family of brunettes, that set tongues wagging. Of course he grew out of it.  :)

Congrats on finishing. Enjoy real life with your girls!

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #517 on: August 01, 2010, 06:34:41 PM »
Meh. I'm sorry; I should have probably posted my Sim's traits and whatnot in here earlier. It's about Week 5 now with only 6 days of vacation used - o boy - but I really love this family. =D

I'm in as almost as bad a shape: 4 weeks and 6 days. So you're not the only one.  :)

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #518 on: August 01, 2010, 06:47:07 PM »
If you have just the base game, then you wouldn't have the junkyard because that came out with Ambitions.

Oh, my! Thanks for pointing out the obvious! What was I thinking? I'd hit myself on the forehead, but this has nothing to do with blended vegetable drinks. :sentences self to dunce cap outfit for 15 minutes:

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #519 on: August 01, 2010, 06:55:17 PM »
NeoFelis, don't forget you can Modify existing posts with new material if you simply want to add something.

Offline Sushi101

• Townie
« Reply #520 on: August 01, 2010, 07:44:16 PM »
I'm finally done this challenge! 100 days, 55 travel days (I forgot about these half way through the challenge and ran out of time to use them all... oops!!)

August Yearly - Photographic Eye, Unlucky, Flirty, Inappropriate, Artistic. LTW Heartbreaker - 284,454 points
September Yearly - Neurotic, Savvy Sculptor, Unflirty, Evil, Dramatic. LTW Emperor of Evil - 385,314 points
October Yearly - Workaholic, Computer Whiz, Good, Hates the Outdoors, Savvy Sculptor. LTW International Super Spy - 364,957 points
November Yearly - Daredevil, Commitment Issues, Hates the outdoors, Clumsy, Mooch. LTW - Jack of all Trades - 391,602 points

total points - 1,426,327

Thanks for the challenge!!

;D

Wow, September looks like quite a handful! Congratulations on making it all the way through without any mishaps, and nice score.  ;)

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #521 on: August 02, 2010, 12:22:39 AM »
NeoFelis, don't forget you can Modify existing posts with new material if you simply want to add something.

I will remember. Kinda got carried away.   :-[

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #522 on: August 02, 2010, 01:50:23 AM »
Wow, September looks like quite a handful! Congratulations on making it all the way through without any mishaps, and nice score.  ;)

Thanks!   September wasn't too bad, only problem I had was when he went to the past in the time machine and came back hating (to the point of beating him up) his brother October.  Of course having an super spy and the emperor of evil in the same house was a nice touch.  I found the Jack of All trades a bit of a bother, obviously chose the wrong jobs to get through quickly.  And heartbreaker August.... ugh... never play heartbreaker again.  :D

Offline Sushi101

• Townie
« Reply #523 on: August 02, 2010, 07:35:57 PM »
Thanks!   September wasn't too bad, only problem I had was when he went to the past in the time machine and came back hating (to the point of beating him up) his brother October.  Of course having an super spy and the emperor of evil in the same house was a nice touch.  I found the Jack of All trades a bit of a bother, obviously chose the wrong jobs to get through quickly.  And heartbreaker August.... ugh... never play heartbreaker again.  :D

Ah yes, I had two sisters that absolutely hated each other. One was hot headed and the other mean spirited so every conversation turned into a fight! There are a lot of people in this forum that hate the heartbreaker challenge and most romantic interactions, but I love it. What about it didn't you like?

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #524 on: August 02, 2010, 10:46:48 PM »
Ah yes, I had two sisters that absolutely hated each other. One was hot headed and the other mean spirited so every conversation turned into a fight! There are a lot of people in this forum that hate the heartbreaker challenge and most romantic interactions, but I love it. What about it didn't you like?

It seemed every Sim I tried flirting with was either (a)unflirty (b)married (and not the cheating kind) or (c)not interested in any way. Most were (b) though, married and truly dedicated to their relationship/spouse.  I finally got it done, but it was a toughy, and made lots of enemies on the way :D.  Jack of all Trades was a difficult one as well, though I think it was because I picked the wrong job to start out with.   ::)