The easiest way to recover your lost serial codes is right in your computer. These instructions are for a PC.
You need to be signed in as an Adminstrator first. Windows may require your permission to open the
Registry Editor and if so, just click on yes.
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type regedit
in the search bar and press Enter.
2. Click on 'File' at the top left of the window that opens then click on 'Export'.
3. Choose a location and name for the file as this will be your backup registry file.
4. Click Save.
5. This backup is created just as a precaution.
Now to find your serial codes for each specific EP or SP installed on your computer:
1. Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
2. Expand the SOFTWARE folder
• For 64-bit systems, expand Wow6432Node
1. Expand the Electronic Arts folder.
2. Expand the Sims folder
3. Expand the EP or SP you need the code for
4. Click on ergc
and in the box to the right under 'Data' you will see the code
5. You will have to manually write the code down somewhere as you can't copy and paste.
6. You will need to expand each individual EP/SP and click on the corresponding ergc
line for each serial code needed.
Once you have the serial codes written down just close the file. If it asks you to save any changes, answer no. If it did ask for changes then you didn't follow these steps. I usually close the file by clicking on the red 'X' at the top right corner.
Please note: NO CHANGES
are made to the Registry if you follow these instructions so you have nothing to fear