The Sims 3 Seasons: Aliens
Brain Powers, Finding Aliens, Abductions, and Alien Babies
Aliens are a new type of non-Human Sim available in The Sims 3 Seasons. These extraterrestrials visit the neighborhood to learn about Sims on Earth and may even abduct them and perform experiments. This guide will teach you how to get an Alien, Alien babies and Male Sim pregnancy, and the special abilities Aliens get in The Sims 3.
How to Get an Alien to Visit
Aliens have a chance to visit each night between 12am and 3am. A visit lasts only an hour and a half to two hours. Visits are distinct from abductions and allow your Sim to socialize, possibly befriend, and even ask an Alien to move in with them.
The base chance of a visit is 5%. Collect space rocks and store them on your lot. Once you've got five, aliens have a +15% additional chance to come to your lot. Once you've made friends with one, there will be an even greater chance of visits. If an Alien doesn't visit your home lot, there's a 20% chance each night they'll appear somewhere around the neighborhood and leave behind a few space rocks. When you've met an Alien, you can invite them over using the phone, so making friends with them is easy.
Alien visitors once befriended may be asked to move into your household. They always start with level 10 logic and level 7 handiness. This will give you permanent control over the Alien, along with their Galaxa Space Car.
Aliens are more likely to abduct a Sim than to visit, simply because of the powerful effect collecting space rocks has on this. To trigger an abduction on your home lot, having a Sim use a telescope is a good place to start. The base chance of an abduction is only 2%, but using a telescope that day adds a +13% chance they'll visit on a given night. Collecting up to two space rocks will each add a 37.5% chance to the visit for a whopping 90% chance of a visit. This seems to reset so that you don't always find your Sims getting abducted, giving you a little bit of control over how often it happens.
When a Sim is abducted, they'll have a bad Abducted moodlet for about twelve hours. Nothing too bad will happen to a female Sim, although a male has a 33% chance to have the pregnant (Unexpected Weight Gain) moodlet when the Abducted moodlet wears off. If you want to ensure your abduction results in pregnancy, save before this moodlet wears off and reload until the Unexpected Weight Gain moodlet appears.
Alien Babies and DNA
Male Pregnancy and Alien Babies
After a male Sim has been abducted and has later had the Unexpected Weight Gain moodlet appear, you know he is pregnant. The Sim will put on weight quickly as the baby grows, and birth will occur 48 hours later. You'll be asked if you want to keep the Alien Baby or send it back to its Homeworld. The choice is yours. If you keep the baby, you'll get to pick the traits. Raising an Alien baby is no different than a normal one.
Alien Pregnancy & Passing DNA
Of course, the Abduction pregnancy is not the only way to get a Sim with Alien powers in your household. Human Sims and Aliens can Woohoo and make babies. So long as the baby's DNA is at least 50% Alien, they will have access to alien telepathy powers and use the Brain Power motive instead of Energy. Supernaturals like Fairies and Werewolves can reproduce with Aliens, and may appear quite interesting (having mixed features of the parents), but the occult DNA will make the Alien powers unusable.
Alien Powers and Features
Alien Ship: The Galaxa Space Car
Aliens you invite to move in will come with their ship in their inventory. This is the fastest way to get around, as it can warp from one location to another in the blink of an eye. These can be upgraded with one of two upgrades, each requiring level 7 Handiness (which your Alien has). You can outfit them with laser cannons, which will let them use the craft to invade a lot of your choice. This is just for fun, and the user will indeed get a good moodlet out of it - that is, while the targets on the ground have their clothing singed off.
The Other upgrade seems silly - Space Travel. Can't it already do that given it's in your neighborhood? Oh well. Either way, outitting the spacecraft with this upgrade will allow the Sim to visit one of three places: The Moon, The Asteroid Belt, or The Planet Sixon to go on Rabbit-hole style text adventures which can reward valuable metals, gems, and a wide variety of items.
You can buy the Galaxa Space Car using the buydebug cheat.
Alien Brain Power
Aliens use Brain Power instead of the energy motive. They get to use Restore Brain Power (click the Alien) to restore this, much like meditation. They can fill their bar in 5 hours. They won't get a well rested moodlet, so popping into a bed for a few minutes can give them that mood boost. They'll also restore energy by consuming Space Rocks. The bigger the rock, the more power restored. The drawback to recovering their energy so quickly is that it's used to fuel their special abilities. They have one more major trick though, which can be used to help themselves or others:
Bio Boost and Bio Drain
Using Bio Drain on a Sim will sap his or her Social, Hygiene, and Fun motives and transfer them to the Alien over one hour. This refills about a third of each of these bars. The Alien could even use Restore Brain power or eat a meal after doing this to have four motives moving upward at once. The Alien may be giving, and use Bio Boost on a Sim to do the opposite and channel their needs to aid the target Sim in recovering theirs. Bio Boost and Drain can't be used on other Aliens.
Aliens can transmute Gems and Metals to make them higher value, or bump them up to the next most expensive item of that type. This is much more orderly than the Witch's transmutation. The odds of an item failing to transmute is determined by the value. An item under 100 Simoleons only has a 5% chance of failure, while any over 500 will fail 30% of the time. The mood of the Alien using this helps or hinders as well.
Repair Broken Objects
Aliens don't need the Handiness skill to repair broken household appliances and plumbing, they can do so with their minds. Quickly.
Scan and Probe Sims
Aliens can pull a joke on other Sims by whipping out the Probe, which will give them a scare before they hopefully laugh in relief. Their more useful ability is to Scan - which consumes brain power but will teach you one of the target Sim's traits.
This requires The Sims 3 Ambitions Expansion Pack. Using a lot of Brain Power, an Alien can call down a meteor strike onto an area. This works just like the random meteors that may strike with Ambitions installed, only the Alien knows it's coming and can stand back and observe. This is a good source of Space Rocks for recovering Brain Power, and occasionally as a particularly catastrophic way to make money. People who don't have Ambitions can collect space rocks from the world and use the Steal Space Rocks option below.
Steal Space Rocks
Clicking the Science Lab between 8pm and 6am with an Alien Sim will allow them to go in and steal four Space Rocks. There's about a 60% chance they're tiny, 25% large, and 15% gigantic. This never seems to fail and is a neverending supply of cash for Aliens.
Sell Alien Secrets
At the Military Base in town, your Alien can sell what they know to betray their kind but profit nicely in the process. This can be done every 36 hours and will get you between 1500 and 2000 Simoleons. The interaction is available between 6am and 8pm.
Part-Time Career: Alien Test Subject
A new Part-time career exists only for Aliens. You can sign up at the Science Lab in town. There are three levels here, with mood being the only metric. All work M-F from 4-7PM. Associate Probe Testers make $64/hour, Specimen (Living) makes $84, and Organ Farms make $114 an hour. There's a 20% chance your Alien will be nauseous after work from all the strange experiments. Overall, stealing samples is more profitable than these jobs.
For abduction, I have had 2 abductions so far; no pregnancy of course since I only have female sims.
As someone reported an incident where teen sim get abducted, well I faired no better. My female teen fairy sim got abducted. I actually have another who uses the telescope, but she didn't get abducted; which is quite weird.
Of course, some of these life states should be harder to get to keep the game fun :)
You mentioned in your guide that female Sims can't get abducted, and that when male Sims are abducted, they are pregnant with an Alien Baby. But my Sim is the only female (and only Sim) in her household and she was abducted by a female Alien. Was it some sort of glitch??
You can support our Sims 3 site by purchasing your next game (digital/hard copy) through EA Origin