The Sims 3 Skills Cheats
How to Use the Cheat Console to Raise Skills Fast
The Sims 3 doesn't actually offer cheats to raise skills directly. Instead, you have to use other commands to allow your Sim to focus their effort. Cheating will keep them from getting tired, hungry, or stressed out. This is done with the cheat console.
To open The Sims 3's Cheat Console, press Control + Shift + C. You'll now be able to type commands. For full information on the types of commands you can use, see the regular Cheats page and the testingcheatsenabled true pages.
For the purpose of raising skills, we need do only a couple commands. Open the cheat console and type testingcheatsenabled true. This enables the testing cheats, which are some very powerful commands you can issue by shift-clicking on objects.
The best thing you can do to learn skills is enable make needs static by shift-clicking the mailbox with the testing cheats on. Make needs static will max out all need bars and lock them in place. You can switch back by clicking make needs dynamic.
In the case of charisma, you can cheat to raise it as well by using the mailbox to 'make me friends'. This will give you some random friends. You can then use the charisma skill books at the library to read up on the skill.
You can use these cheats to raise the skills by reading books or performing actions, so it works for every skill from Ambitions and World Adventures. You can also use it to complete skill challenges. To give yourself an edge, you can even modify your Sim's traits. Use bookworm if they'll be reading in the library, along with other traits like Green Thumb that boost skill gains for specific skills.
Collecting is another animal entirely. If you want to cheat to complete collections, you'll need to open the cheat console with testing cheats on and type buydebug, then go to buy mode and sort by function. You can then place spawners of any type on your lot to help you gather rocks, gems, insects, and even meteorites. Fish spawners are available, too!
Best Ways to Raise Skills
Here you'll see a list of the trait that boosts skill gains for each skill in The Sims 3. With the cheat enabled, fast ways to raise the skills are:
- Athletic: Athletic trait. Lift weights or run on a treadmill at home (gym bugged). Sim never gets fatigued
- Charisma: Charismatic trait. Read skill books at the library and use make me friends at mailbox for requirements
- Collecting: No traits. Make tons of spawners at home, as above with buydebug
- Cooking: Natural Cook trait. I'd prepare the highest level meal available over and over to work toward challenges, skill books at library otherwise
- Fishing: Angler trait.Fish for high level fish, like buy garlic to catch vampire fish. You'll gain more experience for each fish. See fishing maps.
- Gardening: Green Thumb trait. I'd read skill books until level 7 then plant rare plants like garlic and special plants.
- Guitar: Virtuoso trait. It doesn't get easier than this: play guitar in one spot. At some point throw in some playing for tips.
- Handiness: Handy trait. Skill books or tinkering over and over.
- Inventing: Eccentric trait. Use kaching money cheat and buy tons of scrap, unlock invention types.
- Logic: Genius trait. Get computer whiz and play chess on the computer. Then you can later win chess tournaments.
- Martial Arts: Disciplined trait. You'll never get fatigued, so work on block breaking.
- Nectar Making: No traits. I'd brew tons of nectar, cheating to get fruit with buydebug.
- Painting: Artistic trait. Paint tons of small paintings to simultaneously work on skill challenges.
- Photography: Photographer's Eye trait. Take pictures over and over, and save capturing subjects for the first time at level 10 for max profit.
- Sculpting: Savvy Sculptor trait. Just sculpt, over and over and unlock new types.
- Writing: Artistic, Bookworm traits. Write tons of novels!
|The Sims 3 Ambitions|
|Professions||Bake Sales||Consignment Shop||Simbot||Inventing||Sculpting|
|The Sims 3 World Adventures|
|China||Egypt||France||Martial Arts||Nectar Making|
|Photography||Mummies||Pangu's Axe||Tomb Raiding Tips||Tomb Building|
You can go to townmode when you playing with your sims and then click after you typed in the code back to game... i dont quite know what the english version says cuz i have the swedish but you dont have to save the changes after you typed in the code you can just click the dont save button i think it says... like i said i have another laungy and then you are back to your current game/family back to you game/family
This is very frustrating reading all of your hopeless comments.
Before you try the BuyDebug cheat, you must have 'testingcheatsenabled true.'
Now when you save, turn off The Sims 3, and "forget" to turn off the cheats, they are not there. They turn off when you leave the game. And Andrew, you are incorrect. That cheat works on all games.
And if debugging doesn't work, either update your game or make sure you've typed in 'testingcheatsenabled true.'
In game play and you shift click on anything and it displays more options the normal the added options have orange dots beside them.
"testingcheatsenabled true" on then do "buydebug"
I mean the other info and tips, this cheat i have learned a very long time ago!! :)
You can support our Sims 3 site by purchasing your next game (digital/hard copy) through EA Origin