The Sims 3 University Life
Rebel Social Group, Influence, and Benefits
|Enrolling/Aptitude||Majors/Attending||PlantSims||Science||Social Networking||Street Art|
|Jocks||Sports Agent||Nerds||Game Developer||Rebels||Art Appraiser|
This Guide will teach you about the Rebel Social Group in The Sims 3 University Life. You don't join the Rebels, you naturally gain influence with them as your Sim performs certain tasks. Everything you do on this list contributes a little more influence, while unlocking various benefits for being a Rebel. Like the other two Social groups, if you reach level 8, you will unlock a social group trait slot for your Sim, allowing you to have an extra trait. With the academic trait slot for graduating University, you will have a total of seven traits on your Sim.
Rebels can stage protests, which each have varying degrees of difficulty. Some of these protests can cause global benefits, like increases in academic performance or higher likelihood of finding collectibles in town. You can set up protests to be peaceful or rowdy, and the police may come break it up if things get out of hand.
Gaining Rebel Influence
Click your Sim to 'Check Social Groups' to see the following list of activities that Sims can do to increase their standing with their fellow Rebels. This will also show you other Sims that you can meet in the group, as making friends with other Rebels will help you:
- Organizing protests is for true Rebels!
- Tell stories or jokes to other Rebels.
- Speak your heart with an impassioned speech!
- Rile the crowd at a rowdy protest!
- Push societal boundaries by daring other Sims.
- Add special herbs to food recipes.
- Rebels love drinks from the barista bar.
- Burning herbs in a fireplace is very Rebellious.
- Step up to a podium and complain about the world.
- Hand out protest fliers.
- Gossip and Goof Around with other Rebels.
- Rebels love to be complimented!
- Socialize with prominent Rebels.
- Complete Opportunities for the Rebels.
- Gossip about roommates to Rebels.
- Practice your pick-up lines on available Rebels.
- Use a megaphone to proclaim your love!
- Rebels get down and dirty when they dumpster dive.
- Any real Rebel leaves tags or murals around the world.
Metrics: Herbs Eaten, Successful Protests,
Your influence with the Rebel group will go down over time if you don't do any of these actions.
|2||Line Crosser||Street Art Bag, Megaphone, Sell Test Answers for Simoleons|
|4||Free Thinker||Can use Podums to make Hunger Strike or Say What's Wrong with the World. Easier to get away with Cheating on Exams.|
|6||Agitator||Show off New Gizmo (social interaction), Rowdy Protest Type, new Smart Phone skin|
|8||Maverick||Social Group Trait Slot|
|10||Trendsetter||Art Appraiser Career upon Graduation|
You can support our Sims 3 site by purchasing your next game (digital/hard copy) through EA Origin